PAID & VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
CAA Alberta Branch members can earn money and gain experience with paid and volunteer professional development opportunities. There is a variety of duties to choose from throughout the program season.
Contractor Opportunity Writer-in-Residence Part-Time Position
The Alberta Branch of the Canadian Authors Association seeks applications for the position of Writer-in-Residence from September 2013 – May 2014.Applications from across the province will be considered, and it is possible that more than one appointment will be made. This is a unique flex-time position focusing on manuscript evaluation and analysis and constructive criticism.The prospective candidate should have a wide range of publication credits in two or more literary genres, a sound knowledge of the craft and art of writing, experience mentoring writers, and the ability to manage time efficiently.
- reading and evaluating manuscripts submitted by the public or CAA members
- setting up and managing an appointment schedule with writers
- responding to writers via email, telephone and/or in-person
- gathering data as directed for CAA membership purposes
- reporting monthly to the CAA Alberta Branch Board
- facilitating a monthly hour-long writers’ circle
- public speaking on occasion as required
- assisting the Board in preparing for its annual Exporting Alberta Award
Interested candidates should email a résumé with cover letter by May 15, 2013 to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Check out the options below:
Photos taken at CAA events may appear on the Alberta Branch website, publications and promotional materials.